Certifications & Affiliations:
- State of California Division of State Architect: Certified Access Specialist (CASp #138)
- ICC Accessibility Inspector/Plans Examiner Certificate No. 8042388-21 and member since 2009, American Construction Inspectors Association, RCI # 6047 Division III- ADA Compliance Inspector,
- LEED AP: U.S. Green Building Certification Institute certification issued in 2008,
- Member American Institute of Architects since 1982,
- Recognized Subject Matter Expert for Division of State Architect CASp Exam Development Committee member since 2013,
- Completion DSA Academy – Plan Review & Accessibility – Fall 2010,
- CA. Building Standards Commission-Accessibility Code Advisory Committee- 2013 CBC cycle, California Commission on Disabled Access: CASp & Education Ad-Hoc Sub-Committee 2010 & 11, ICSC Certified Shopping Center Manager certification issued in 1993,
- California Small Business Certification #1236620,
- Four term Treasurer/Board of Directors for Certified Access Specialist Institute November 2010-September 2014.
- Licenses: Registered Architect since 1982 and Licensed Real Estate Broker since 1994
- Education: BS Architecture w/Honors, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, CA 1977
- MBA Emphasis in Finance and Real Estate Economics, UC Berkeley, CA 1982
- 2007-Present: President and CEO, Stephen J. Dolim, Architect, Inc. Architectural Firm active in Accessibility, Accessibility- related Upgrades, ADA and Certified Access Specialist Inspections and Reports; Due Diligence Inspections, LEED, Tenant Improvements, Tenant Coordination Services, Entitlement; Development; Construction & Design related to re-positioning existing Shopping Centers, Management and Property Management Construction Support Services. Completed numerous accessibility compliance inspections for Shopping Centers, Retailers, Grocery Stores, Restaurants, Offices, Federal, and State Prisons and County Jail facility, Medical facilities, Offices, Service Stations and Convenience Stores, Pads, Auto Dealership, banks, ATM’s and Apartment Complexes.
- 2007 to 1982: Principal, Stephen J. Dolim Architect, responsible in all aspects of architectural services including: design, planning, development and operational issues specific to retail shopping centers, development entitlements of retail, accessibility upgrades, commercial and custom residential projects.
- 2004-2007: Vice President Shopping Center Management at Cordano Company responsible for all phases of marketing, operations & new tenant improvements for two enclosed malls totaling two million square feet.
- 1997-2004: Vice President/Director of Development at Catlin Properties, Inc. (formerly known as Panattoni Development and Panattoni-Catlin Venture) responsible for 250 and 150 acre industrial parks, road, utility infrastructure, heavy rail construction, sewer plant retrofit, land entitlements and warehouse development in San Joaquin County, Safeway, Holiday Market Grocery/Longs & Rite Aid anchored developments & numerous office/retail pads in Sacramento, Shasta, Amador County, Placer, and San Joaquin Counties.
- 1991-1997: Vice President of Shopping Center Management at James J. Cordano Company responsible for marketing, operations, ADA compliance, & new tenant improvements for eight enclosed malls in four states totaling five million sq. ft. Rolled out ADA compliance inspections/implementation plans for eight major regional malls (five million s.f.) and several strip centers in 4 states while serving as V.P. Shopping Centers at James J. Cordano Company.
- 1988-1991: Director of Development at Roebbelen Land Development responsible for development of two enclosed malls, including J.C. Penney, Sears, Mervyns, Target, Gottschalk’s, Troutman’s Emporium and Fred Meyer.
- 1982-1988: Sr. Site Development Coordinator at Mervyn’s stores, Corporate Real Estate Department responsible for all aspects of site planning, entitlements and technical side of land acquisition for 46 stores in seven states.
- 1977-1981: Project Architect at Panko/Sinclair Architects responsible for all aspects of design, entitlement & construction of numerous San Francisco Peninsula single/multi-family residential and commercial projects.
Boards and Community Service:
- April 2009: Served as California State Architectural Licensing Exam Commissioner for Oral Exams;
- 1994-1996: Served on U.C. Berkeley School of Business Alumni Board of Directors for Sacramento Chapter;
- 1998–2000: Served as Cub and Boy Scout Leader in El Dorado Hills, CA;
- 1998-2003: Served as Soccer Coach for the El Dorado Hills Soccer League, coaching eight teams, El Dorado Hills, CA.
- 9/2013: Published article for California Dental Association Journal: “Is Your Dental Office Accessible?” – How to increase your clientele volume by 23%.